Entries in this file are formatted like this:
- Motion name. Mover
- Text of 1st clause
Text of last clause
To announce additional motions which you intend to make at the 2017 AGM
or to propose amendments to the motions announced so far, contact
TFN's secretary, Boyd Ramsay, at this email address:
corporate-secretary (as usual, at torfree.net)
So far, the following motions have been announced for the 2017 AGM:
Motions implied by the agenda
- Approve agenda. dn097 Iain Calder
- Resolved, That we adopt the proposed agenda.
- Approve minutes. cx555 Boyd Ramsay
- Resolved, That we approve the minutes of the 2016 AGM.
Motions to choose directors
- Appoint CRO. dn097 Iain Calder
- Resolved, That we appoint Larry Sadler as chief returning officer
for this meeting.
- Close nominations. (template)
- Resolved, That we close nominations for the board.
- Acclaim nominees. (template)
- (repeat for each nominee)
Resolved, That we appoint X to the board of directors.
Motions under "other business"
- Appoint auditor1. dn097 Iain Calder
- Resolved, That we defer, to the board of directors, the appointment
of an auditor for the current fiscal year.
- Thank people. dn097 Iain Calder
- Resolved, That we thank the volunteer staff for their on-going work
which makes Toronto Free-Net possible.
- The auditor's job is to review TFN's next
financial statements and to report on them at the subsequent AGM.
TFN bylaw #1, paragraph 46
requires that each AGM appoint an auditor.