To announce additional motions, which you intend to make at the 2020 AGM,
or to suggest improvements to the motions announced below,
contact TFN's secretary, Boyd Ramsay, at this email address:
corporate-secretary (as usual, at torfree.net).
So far, the following motions have been announced for the 2020 AGM:
Motions implied by the agenda
- Approve agenda. dn097 Iain Calder
- Resolved, That we adopt the proposed agenda.
- Approve minutes. cx555 Boyd Ramsay
- Resolved, That we approve the
minutes of the 2018 AGM.
Motions arising from the minutes
Motions arising from the reports
Motions to choose directors
- Appoint CRO. (template)
- Resolved, That we appoint X
as chief returning officer for this meeting.
- Close nominations. (template)
- Resolved, That we close nominations for the board.
- Acclaim nominees. (template, for each nominee)
- Resolved, That we appoint X to the board of directors.
Motions under "other business"
- Appoint auditor1. dn097 Iain Calder
- Resolved, That we defer, to the board of directors, the appointment
of an auditor for the current fiscal year.
- Thank people. dn097 Iain Calder
- Resolved, That we thank the volunteer staff for their on-going work,
which makes Toronto Free-Net possible.
Above, motions follow this format:
- Motion name. Mover
- Text of 1st clause
Text of last clause
- TFN bylaw #1, paragraph 46
requires that each AGM appoint an auditor, to review TFN's next
financial statements and to report on them at the subsequent AGM.